Dear Coaches, Team Managers, Parents and Players,
Wow! What an amazing weekend of Norwood basketball!
As you all know, last week we competed in the 2023 State Championships and on behalf of the board I wanted to say how proud I am of our players, coaches, team managers and families on the way we conducted ourselves.
I will start with a few congratulations:
– Congratulations to the U12 Girls Flames 3, currently competing in the division 2 competition on Friday nights alongside their Flames 2 counterparts, they had their nomination accepted into the Reserves competition and had a very strong weekend getting two wins.
– Congratulations to the U16 Girls Flames 3, currently competing in the division 3 competition on Thursday nights, whose nomination was accepted into the Reserves competition due to being top of the winter ladder and also fought hard this weekend getting a win.
– Congratulations to all 14 teams that made it through to the Semi Finals.
– Congratulations to the 7 teams that have qualified for the National Junior Classics to be held in Victoria in June.
– Congratulations to the U14 Boys and U14 Girls who both qualified for the U14 Nationals to be held in Victoria in September.
– Congratulations to the U12 Girls Reserve, U14 Girls State, U16 Girls State who all made it through to the Grand Final.
– Congratulations to the U12 Girls State and the U14 Boys Reserves for winning their Grand Finals.
Due to such amazing performances from our teams, we were named “State Girls Champion” and “State Club Champion”. We also finished top 4 in the four other categories including runner up in “State Boys Champion” and third in “Overall Reserves Club”.
This was wrapped up with a great night back at The Arc celebrating with pizza and some well earned drinks.
Thank you to all our amazing coaches for the time and effort they put in not just this weekend, but in the lead up as well.
And finally a very special thank you to Will Smith, our Junior Coaching Director, who has contributed countless hours in supporting the teams to achieve such a fantastic result.
As you can see, there is a lot to celebrate from an amazing weekend of basketball and whether you were a player, coach, team manager, parent, volunteer or spectator you all played a part and should be proud of the success that we had not just individually, but as a club.