At Norwood Basketball Club, we are driven not only by what happens on the court but also providing opportunities off the court for our families and teams.
As a not-for-profit organisation, fundraising is a part of our financial strategy. This Fundraising Policy outlines our approach to fundraising with an emphasis on transparency and accountability.
Norwood Basketball are aware the ongoing costs of basketball and want to provide the opportunity to reduce these for our teams.
We invite all players, coaches, volunteers, supporters to join us in our fundraising efforts.
A “fundraising event” is a planned occasion or activity designed to raise money for the Norwood Basketball Club or one of their teams.
All fundraising events must be approved by the Norwood Basketball Club Management Committee prior to the activity taking place.
Guidelines for fundraising event:
- The activity must be for the purpose of raising funds for the team, which can include:
- Covering interstate team nomination fees
- Reducing the amount of Players’ travel costs e.g. team meals, accommodation
- Paying towards team merchandise items e.g. NWD On Tour shirts
- Fundraising events also includes the securement of sponsorship,
- Any use of the club logo/name must be approved in advance,
- Fundraising activities cannot be conducted at club events/activities/games etc without prior club approval,
- For external events, Issues of liability must also be considered (e.g. Bunnings BBQ) especially where sign off is required by a representative of the club as only nominated club officials can sign off agreements/order on behalf of the club,
- Fundraising options must not conflict with club sponsorships or fundraising activities,
- Consideration will be taken into account for fundraising activities that cannot be extended/offered to other teams,
- Please note that merchandise sales are not an approved fundraising activity. All merchandise sales are done by the Club exclusively,
- All fundraising must go through the club’s bank account this can be done via the eftpos machines, commbank smart mini, or the club’s square account.
For events you will be required to use the approved event managing system,
- A full report of the fundraising events revenue and costs must be submitted to the club after the event,
- After costs the profit will be split 80%/20% with 80% of the funds being allocated to the team and 20% being allocated to the club.
- Any individual player seeking sponsorship or running fundraising events will have the same rules apply.
To gain approval:
- Email your request to fundraise to [email protected].
- This must be sent a minimum 8 weeks prior to the event to seek approval from the office and board. Please expect a turnaround time of 4 weeks for approval.
- Your request must include an expected profit from the fundraising event including all costs.
- Your request must also consider the risks of hosting the fundraising event.
In the case of Sponsorship a supporting letter from the club can be provided by request.
BBQs at the Arc:
- Hosting BBQs at the Arc on Saturdays is a fantastic fundraising opportunity and can be run during ACBA games or at NBL1 games.
- To request a date please email [email protected]
- The Coordinator will provide all the details required to host the BBQ.