Our club is committed to providing a safe environment for the participation of children and young people; part of this s ensuring that your child is not left alone before or after practices or games.
What we will do:
- Make sure parent/guardians and children know the times and locations of practices and games and when they can expect to collect their children.
- Request coaches arrive before the scheduled practice or game time.
- Give coaches a register of parent/guardian emergency contact numbers to call if players are not collected on time.
- Instruct coaches to wait until the last child is collected until they leave training. If the coach is under the age of 18 it is expected another coach or a parent will wait with him/her.
- Coaches should attempt to contact the parents/guardians to remind them they are late. If the usual stadium area is to be closed, they should wait in a well lit area adjacent to the training or playing facility. Training should not be concluded until the pre-arrange finish time.
- The coach should NOT transport children to their homes without the permission of the parent or guardian.
- All coaches will keep an attendance record, logging attendance at games and training.
What we require our members to do:
Parents or guardians MUST NOT leave their children at a training venue prior to the arrival of one of the coaches responsible for that squad. It is much safer to make sure they are present than to assume they will be arriving. Another parent is not the coach—unless you must leave do not assume they will be responsible for your child without checking with them first. They should not be left in the car park, or left to enter the area alone. This can be unsafe. Inform the coach about any changes in arrangement for the collection of your child.
Parents or guardians who repeatedly leave children at training or games, where the coach has to wait for them will be reported to the committee and may face disciplinary action. The Norwood
Basketball Club expects parents/guardians to act responsibly at all times.