Using the internet and electronic communication is essential for communicating with club members. We are committed to communication being appropriate and related to club business.
What we will do
When using technology we will ensure that members’ privacy is protected, clear boundaries are maintained, and bullying and harassment do not occur.
- Information on competitions, social events, committees, policies, constitution, rules and by-laws will be placed on our website.
- No offensive content or photos will be uploaded to our website, especially about social activities and events.
- YouTube video posting will feature positive team performances.
- Permission will be sought from parents to upload photos of their children, and care will be taken not to provide information that identifies them.
- A web master will be appointed to provide accountability and control over what goes onto our website and Facebook page.
SMS and emails
- Club committee members, coaches and team managers may use SMS and email to communicate club business and club sanctioned social events, however:
- Text communication should be short and about club/team matters
- Email communication will be used when more information is required
- Communication about children (under 18 years) is through parents
Facebook (use by the Club or individual teams)
- Any information regarding team issues, such as training changes, game time amendments or cancellations will be sent to all parents by the team manager, not only posted on a facebook site.
- Postings and uploading of videos will only feature positive club news and events.
- Personal information about members will not be disclosed.
- No statements will be made that are misleading, false or likely to injure the reputation of another person.
- No statements will be made that might bring our club into disrepute.
- Members will not engage in negative or destructive discussion or postings.
- Abusive, harassing, discriminatory or offensive statements will not be posted by members.
- Destructive or negative users will be deleted and blocked from engaging with the site.
What we require members to do
All members are expected to use the internet and electronic communication appropriately, so think about what you want to say before you write it. Emails are a written record of your thoughts regarding a particular matter and can be used against you later.
Communication by the club and members:
- Should be restricted to club matters
- Must not offend, intimidate, humiliate or bully any member
- Must not be misleading, false or injure the reputation of members or others
- Should seek to protect the privacy of others
- Must mot bring the club into disrepute
Any member found to have used any type of communication inappropriately will face disciplinary action as outlined in our member protection policy. Under certain circumstances this type of behaviour is a criminal offence that can be reported to police by the victim. Members publishing false or misleading comments about another person in the public domain may be liable for defamation.